A Finish!

I tend to like large, complex projects, so I do not complete many projects in a given year. It is, however, very nice when I do πŸ™‚ This is Night Flight, a design by Amy Bear, and somewhat modified by me… I do not know when I will be able to afford to frame it, so thought that I should go ahead and post it!

Edited Night Flight

Camera, Needlepoint, and Epigonation

I am finally purchasing the first decent digital camera in my life – and FedEx will deliver my new Sony Cyper-Shot camera on Tuesday. Well – they will ATTEMPT to deliver it, I find that they never come when I am home. Ever. It is rather difficult to get Fedex packages at my apartment for this reason – they do not wish to leave it without a signature and their pickup location is something like 20 miles from my home. No matter, I will get it however I can!

Once it lands, I will provide updated pics on the progress of Night Flight (almost done). I have decided that I will never finish it if I insist on stitching the entire project, so I am altering the project “limits” as it were. The full chart shows a night sky with a large bird flying “over” a full moon. Then there are lots of other parts of the sky to stitch, and water, and sand, and rocks. It is, in the end, a night landscape. I’ve decided to leave out the land part and just focus on the sky. It is quite large anyway, and at least this way it will get finished. Finishing is a good thing.

I am also going to start work sometime this summer on embroidery for an Epigonation for a priest I know. Once I take care of a few details and actually get started I will post the progress here. I will use blackwork embroidery to stitch a cross and a border that will surround the cross.

Oh yes, I will also receive the entire television series of Stargate SG-1 in the same package. Something of an overkill, the series covers 54 dvds! However, one needs something to watch when doing non-liturgical needlework – and it is a good series. No more DVDs for me for a loooooong time πŸ™‚

Forest Update and new projects!

I know, I know, I have no time to stitch on what I have already πŸ™‚ However, two correspondance courses in my embroiderer’s guild chapter are being discontinued, so I had to go ahead and sign up so I could at least get the materials.

Forest Progress (Shadow Work)

First off, though I haven’t had a chance to work on it for some time, this is the current state of Forest, my first experiment in shadow-work. I think it will be impressive when it is completed, assuming I don’t mess it up TOO much πŸ™‚ Please note that this is the back of the project, not the front side. The next time I take a picture I will get both sides (information added by Orthstitcher)

You might want to check out theΒ  the stump-work project Summer Dream here. The 17th Century Sampler is officially discontiued and is no longer available for viewing online. The sampler is just what, with a nice variety of stitches. I do not typically go for samplers, but this one is beautiful and I like the array of stitches used in it. Heaven knows when I will have a chance to actually work on either of them, but I have the instructions, and that is all that really matters.

Forest and Shadow

I know I said that I was leaving this blog for good…. but apparently I was mistaken πŸ™‚ I won’t be posting often at all, but occasionally I run across something that I would like to post about.

While I have too many embroidery and needlepoint projects right now to even consider getting this one started – I find it quite interesting. This is something called shadow work – and these two images of the front and back show why it is called that:

Forest Back Forest Front

The image on the left is the back side (Herringbone stitch created by the backstitching on the front), the right image is the front. You can read more about shadow work – and this particular project here: