Current Project Roll Call!

God willing I will soon break down and not only purchase a cell phone (for trips only), BUT it will also have a camera – so I can take pics of my projects rather more easily and post my progress here. Why yes, I AM too cheap frugal to buy a digital camera 🙂

I am FINALLY able, God willing, to actually cut the two small chalice covers. This has been something of a journey as I ruined the first set I cut. Folks, brocade isn’t cheap… This has been a learning experience and a half. I didn’t expect otherwise, but I didn’t understand that you have to “look” at brocade differently in order to get it right. No wonder it costs more to have experienced needlewomen to work with the material (or needlemen, I don’t wish to discriminate 🙂

Luck of the Irish is finally being started this week. I haven’t done goldwork before and am told it goes quickly – I pray that is so as it is due in August. Luck is the second picture in this

Tiramisu was started yesterday, but it won’t be completed in time to send it to the instructor for judging, though I MAY ask for an extension assuming that I think I stand some hope of being able to complete it in time. This is a blackwork project and it isn’t a small one…

There are other projects, but these three are my primary WIPs (works in progress). The others are still laid out on the “needlework table” to prod me along, but sadly I haven’t yet figured out how to live without sleep…

When I break down and purchase the camera phone, I will start posting more regular updates. I know, I should get a camera. . . Oh Well 🙂

Advertisements