So what IS the HSS? Such an odd combination of letters, what could it MEAN? If you are a member of the Cyberstitcher chapter of the Embroider’s Guild of America you would already know.
HSS = Head Slap Society.
That would be your OWN head…
what WAS I THINKING?
Why am I a member of the HSS? Let me list the ways….
1. Luck of the Irish goldwork group correspondence course. Class is starting right now, or as soon as we all get our materials. March 2007 is when we are supposed to have finished it. That is if we want our work evaluated 🙂
2. Tiramisu, blackwork group correspondance course. Starts as soon as we all get our materials, scheduled to be completed in October 2007.
3. Chalice Cover set- set in white brocade, beginning as soon as I get the chance to start working on it.
4. Chalice Cover set – set in burgandy wool – to begin whenever I finish #3
5. Still have to complete the “All Things Bright and Beautiful” sampler for some friends who had thier first child 14 months ago. I had HOPED to have it to them by her first birthday….
6. Finish several books on my reading list.
7. Ramp up marking for freelance indexing business
oh yes, I work for a living 🙂
Any questions now about why I am a proud member of the HSS?
Well, I’ve been back for a week come tomorrow afternoon, but it took me awhile to sit down at this blog and do something. There is something about blogs, it is challenging at times to come up with something to say on them that someone might actually WANT to read. So, I try to avoid that little problem by giving links to pretty pictures…. see the following 🙂
I am taking, not 1, but TWO group correspondence courses through the Cyberstichers Chapter of the Embroider’s Guild of America this winter. There is also another set of chalice covers to embroider (pretty much the same as the set I finished in August), AND am still working on 2 other projects. Oh yes, and I work full-time as well…. hmmmmm, perhaps it’s time for a long bout of insomina 🙂
I don’t man that about the insomnia, been there, don’t want to go there again!
The photo is of a goldwork course called Luck of the Irish – appropriate name, and is the first of two courses I am taking this winter. The link is to the entire PDF of the 2006 education catalog, but will open to the approapriate page. Sadly that is the only way you can view it…. it about the only thing about the new EGA website that I don’t really care for. Those with slow connections probably don’t want to try it, and if you turn to page 38 in the same file, you will see the image for Tiramisu – which is the OTHER class I am taking, it is in something called Blackwork – which I find very cool – the name has nothing to do with the color 🙂
Time to go to bed, big day tomorrow.